Compass app

• Hello. I have had my RS E-Tech 145 for 3 weeks and am really happy with it but have one very small problem which in all honesty I can live with but wonder if anyone has the same. When showing the compass on the instrument panel, the east and west directions are transposed as shown in the attached photo when the car is actually facing south west.20220517_160629.jpg

• I think it is correct… The red tick is indicating north… so you are now facing south west, so it is correct… I don‘t see the problem…

If you look directly in southerly direction, west would be right and east to the left of you… looking in northerly direction vice versa….

If you turn the compass to the left to indicate north in direction of the front of the car, than you could see it more easy… the compass in the image shows that you are facing south westerly heading… North is to the right behind you, indicated by the red mark…

Hope this helps… everything should be correct

Renault Arkana E-Tech Engineered 145

Onyx - Schwarz

Alles drin, außer Bose..

Arkana RS E-Tech 145: Bestellt am 16.04.22

Bestellung geändert zu E-Tech Engineered: 15.06.22

Lieferdatum: Voraussichtlich in der Woche vom 27.02.23

Geliefert: 28.02.23

Abholung: 10.03.23

• Don‘t feel ashamed… As a student pilot I have to deal with all this direction finding Bull**** all the time. I think it is quite nice to have such information on board… But I think at the same time, that I won‘t use it quite often. Correct me if I‘m wrong, but the map is moving in the correct direction as I am driving, isn‘t it. Like always pointing in the same direction as the car? So there should be no trouble.

Don‘t feel stupid. Feel free to ask. There are many other forum users who will help you as well. ;)

Renault Arkana E-Tech Engineered 145

Onyx - Schwarz

Alles drin, außer Bose..

Arkana RS E-Tech 145: Bestellt am 16.04.22

Bestellung geändert zu E-Tech Engineered: 15.06.22

Lieferdatum: Voraussichtlich in der Woche vom 27.02.23

Geliefert: 28.02.23

Abholung: 10.03.23